About The CompanyAt Frontier Cooperative, our vision is “Leading the way to develop generational success.” Due to our unique structure, we benefit from having farmers as customers, employees, neighbors, family members, friends, board members, owners, and residents of the communities we serve. We feel that farmers and the cooperative system are special, and we strive to be the model for what the future of agricultural cooperatives look like for future generations. We also feel it’s crucial to set the example for how to successfully bring multiple (vastly different) generations together, facilitating conversations, providing resources, promoting growth and advocating for change.
The Position:This role will work to promote, support, and advance the cooperative business plan on networking and information technology put forth by the VP of Digital Transformation. The Network Technician Intern will participate in projects and tasks with the IT department to support the needs of Frontier Cooperative and provide day-to-day support for the operation and technical maintenance of the communication network/system. The successful candidate will assist the Information Technology department in maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting the network, system administration, and assisting end-users with technology issues.
- An interest in the Agricultural Industry
- Basic understanding of networks
- Excellent communication skills (creative writing, polished verbal communication skills)
- Courses taken, knowledge of, background experience, or interest in networks/systems equipment, precision instruments, and technical equipment
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to collaborate with a team, as well as work on projects solo
- General proficiency with computers and their components
- A willingness to spend time learning about the cooperative system and each of the business units of Frontier Cooperative
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hour if necessary or when possible
- The ability to work in a professional office environment
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel within our business footprint
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change