Energy Service & Sales
About The CompanyAt Frontier Cooperative, our vision is “Leading the way to develop generational success.” Due to our unique structure, we benefit from having farmers as customers, employees, neighbors, family members, friends, board members, owners, and residents of the communities we serve. We feel that farmers and the cooperative system are special, and we strive to be the model for what the future of agricultural cooperatives look like for future generations. We also feel it’s crucial to set the example for how to successfully bring multiple (vastly different) generations together, facilitating conversations, providing resources, promoting growth and advocating for change. That is a big vision, where would an organization even start on something like that? It begins by creating opportunities, which is one of our Core Values at Frontier Cooperative. Our Internship Program is designed to do exactly that. It’s an opportunity for a student to learn and experience our business units and understand why each is necessary for Frontier to be successful.
This role will support our energy division, energy sales, and perform other duties associated with all of Frontier’s business units. The energy service and sales internship will work closely with his or her mentor to build customer relations, engineer project layouts and designs, execute project installs, learn general product knowledge, understand logistics, and work with the energy division as a whole. The selected candidate will work on various fabrication projects and procurement of bids for material/labor, as well as assist with truck and delivery operations. This person may have the opportunity to operate and maintain various pieces of heavy machines i.e., skid loader, tractor, etc. This position requires time spent completing paperwork, maintaining safe working environments, and participating in trainings across all business units. As the energy service and sales intern, the candidate will learn to read basic schematics/layouts for new projects and installations, help complete projects, and learn about sales and relationship building.
- An interest in Agriculture and/or Business
- A willingness to spend time learning about each business unit of Frontier Cooperative
- Flexibility to work overtime when possible
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate-controlled environment and outside in inclement weather
- The ability to work in a professional office environment is also necessary
- Valid Driver’s License
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to use hand/power tools
- Ability to work in confined spaces or at heights above ground level
- Ability to speak in front of small groups
- Ability to learn technology associated with each business unit such as GasBoy and Energy Force
- Organization and time management skills
- Must be collaborative, results-oriented and possess strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change