About The CompanyAt Frontier Cooperative, our vision is “Leading the way to develop generational success.” Due to our unique structure, we benefit from having farmers as customers, employees, neighbors, family members, friends, board members, owners, and residents of the communities we serve. We feel that farmers and the cooperative system are special, and we strive to be the model for what the future of agricultural cooperatives look like for future generations. We also feel it’s crucial to set the example for how to successfully bring multiple (vastly different) generations together, facilitating conversations, providing resources, promoting growth and advocating for change.
The Position:This role will support the Grain Marketing Advisor Team, the Grain Merchandising Team, and Grain Accounting staff throughout Frontier Cooperative. The Grain Marketing Intern will work closely with the Grain Marketing Advisors and will learn all aspects of the grain business through hands-on customer interactions and customer support activities. The selected candidate will assist the Merchandising and Grain Accounting teams with record keeping and reporting. He or she will also work with the Digital Transformation (IT) team to provide support to employees and customers with Frontier Cooperative’s mobile app. The selected candidate will also work with Frontier Cooperative Financial Controllers assisting them with data analysis and reports critical to the Grain Department. This position requires time spent interacting with customers and the Grain Marketing Advisors. Time will also be spent using accounting and record keeping products, as well as building grain marketing plans utilizing software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, grain accounting software specific to Frontier Cooperative, and web-supported mobile apps specific to Frontier Cooperative (training to be provided for the platforms specific to Frontier Cooperative).This role will work closely with Frontier’s Marketing Department in areas of community outreach programs and involvement, including community organizations, youth groups, 4-H, FFA, schools, etc. that fall in Frontier Coop’s footprint. As a Grain Marketing Intern, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn about Frontier Cooperative’s other business units and how the work together.
- An interest in the Agricultural Industry
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing to learn and adapt to change
- Courses taken, knowledge of, background experience, or interest with any of the following: Agricultural-related, Sales, Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Psychology, Operational Management, Supply Chain Management, and/or General Management
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to collaborate with a team, as well as work on projects solo
- Previously involved with FFA or 4-H is desirable, but not a necessity
- Experience or involvement with public relations activities, community organizations/projects, youth and educational events and opportunities is desirable, but not a necessity
- A willingness to spend time learning about the cooperative system and each of the business units of Frontier Cooperative
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours if necessary or when possible
- The ability to work in a professional office environment
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel within our business footprint
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change