About The CompanyAt Frontier Cooperative, our vision is “Leading the way to develop generational success.” Due to our unique structure, we benefit from having farmers as customers, employees, neighbors, family members, friends, board members, owners, and residents of the communities we serve. We feel that farmers and the cooperative system are special, and we strive to be the model for what the future of agricultural cooperatives look like for future generations. We also feel it’s crucial to set the example for how to successfully bring multiple (vastly different) generations together, facilitating conversations, providing resources, promoting growth and advocating for change.
The Position:The Livestock Advisor Internship is focused on feed production, customer experience, and day-to-day business operations. This role will work closely with the Feed Sales teams at Frontier Cooperative, attending Feed Sales meetings and trainings. The Livestock Advisor Intern will assist with producer calls and visits, customer testimonials, ingredient sampling and submissions, operating the retail desk and scale, and spending time receiving orders and purchasing ingredients.
- An interest in the Agricultural and Livestock industries
- Must be pursuing a degree in an agriculture-related field
- Willing to learn the process of manufacturing feed
- Interested in an experience in livestock production utilizing sustainable practices
- Interest in working with the Nutrition Leadership Team
- background in livestock production or other livestock associate industries is preferred
- The ability to interact and communicate with livestock producers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity
- A willingness to spend time learning about the cooperative system and each of the business units of Frontier Cooperative
- Collecting grower feedback about their experiences with Frontier Coop
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours if necessary or when possible
- The ability to work in a professional office environment
- Previously involved with FFA or 4-H is desirable, but not a necessity
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel within Frontier’s business footprint
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change"