Marketing & Communications
About The CompanyAt Frontier Cooperative, our vision is “Leading the way to develop generational success.” Due to our unique structure, we benefit from having farmers as customers, employees, neighbors, family members, friends, board members, owners, and residents of the communities we serve. We feel that farmers and the cooperative system are special, and we strive to be the model for what the future of agricultural cooperatives look like for future generations. We also feel it’s crucial to set the example for how to successfully bring multiple (vastly different) generations together, facilitating conversations, providing resources, promoting growth and advocating for change.
The Position:This role will support marketing strategies and all other Frontier business units in marketing, advertising, communications, promotional, and public relations activities which represent Frontier Cooperative. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing Director on branding strategy and support the Marketing Department to help build and maintain a strong and consistent brand for Frontier Cooperative. The selected candidate will assist the Marketing Department with digital and social media strategies, platforms, and messaging. He or she will develop and pitch creative ideas that promote Frontier Cooperative and align with the company’s culture and Mission, Vision, and Core Values. This person will assist with Frontier Coop’s major event planning, as well as photography and videography as needed. This position requires time spent on creative writing projects, including but not limited to: website content, printed and digital marketing materials, quarterly newsletters, social media messaging, print and digital ads, and other projects as assigned. This role may advise and work closely with Frontier’s community outreach programs and involvement, including community organizations, youth groups, 4-H, FFA, schools, etc. that fall in Frontier Coop’s footprint. As a Marketing Intern, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn about Frontier Cooperative’s various business units and how the work together.
- An interest in the Agricultural Industry
- Experience using social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (creative writing, polished verbal communication skills)
- Idea Creation and creative concepts
- Creative eye for layout and design
- Experience or interest in creative design and editing (i.e. Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Experience or interest in photography and/or videography is a plus
- Courses taken, knowledge of, background experience, or interest with any of the following: Agricultural-related, Sales, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Mass Communication, Broadcasting, Web Design.
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, ability to collaborate with a team, as well as work on projects solo
- Previously involved with FFA or 4-H is desirable, but not a necessity
- Experience or interest in event planning
- Experience or involvement with public relations activities, community organizations/projects, youth and educational events and opportunities
- A willingness to spend time learning about the cooperative system and each of the business units of Frontier Cooperative
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hour if necessary or when possible
- The ability to work in a professional office environment
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel within our business footprint
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and constant change